At Don Pablo Academy of World Languages and Mathematics, LLC in Dayton OH, our purpose is to provide the student with a workable and non-complicated system with which to approach the effective study of science. Knowledge of scientific words and vocabulary are very important to understanding science. The student will be taught that in order to succeed in science reading, problem solving and knowledge, he/she must pursue the knowledge of one chapter at a time. The student must be able to make inferences from observed facts and to see cause and effect relationships.
Our Courses Include:
- General Science
Some Learning Issues To Be Covered Include:
- Chapter Reading Techniques
- How to Read for Important Details in Science
- What are Some Patterns of Organization Of Scientific Materials? (Topical, Temporal, Spatial And Causal)
- The Value of Slow and Careful Reading. Normally, Science Information Cannot Be Read Like A Newspaper or Novel.
- Following Directions in Reading Science Materials is Critically Important.
- Know the Steps and Procedures of the Scientific Method.